Homemade Eggnog with Maple Syrup
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (we like dark amber)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart whole milk, old fashioned - preferably Ronnybrook Farm Dairy's Creamline Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 ounces bourbon (optional)
Separate the egg yolks and whites. Beat the egg yolk with the maple syrup and vanilla.
Beat the milk into the egg yolk mixture.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they are frothy, and add them into the bowl with the milk mixture. Beat to incorporate.
Add the freshly grated nutmeg and bourbon to the mixture. Stir to combine.
Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve!
Domino Magazine, December 2014